For the Burgers
- 1 lb turkey thighs, ground
- 1/4 c quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 c loosely packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
For the Red Pepper Salsa
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- Avocado oil for roasting peppers
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Pinch or two of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine turkey, quinoa, basil, chives, Dijon, salt and pepper. Without over handling, form mixture into four patties that are 1/2 inch thick. Make a thumbprint in the middle of each patty. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle patties with oil and grill over medium-high heat until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
For Red Pepper Salsa
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut bell pepper into strips, removing seeds and stem. Toss with avocado oil and roast for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Put cooled bell pepper, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and spices into a food processor. Pulse but don’t puree.
Join my mailing list.
Get Started! Add your name and email to begin getting exclusive, high-quality insights and tools around nutrition, lifestyle and mindset from Jess delivered right to your inbox!